I absolutely LOVE asking people questions. I wouldn’t consider myself nosy, but rather very curious. I get it from my mom! In the office we have a question board outside of the break room and about once a week I find myself trying to think of a new, creative question to put up there.
Lucky for me, I had the chance to ask a ton of questions to Kirvin Doak’s very own Kara Rutkin (YES!) Kara grew up in gorgeous Huntington Beach, CA and attended college at Chapman University in Orange, CA. This witty California girl found herself moving to Las Vegas about a year ago to begin work at her dream job, KDC (her 1 year anniversary with the company is on March, 26!!) Please see her answers below to my favorite game in the world, the question game:
- What is the soundtrack to your life? N*SYNC’s 2000 album “No Strings Attached.” The boy bands of today can’t compete!
- If you could have overheard one famous conversation what would it have been? Any writer’s room conversations that took place in the glory days of Saturday Night Live – specifically the late 80s and early 90s casts.
- 3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Any place where I am surrounded by good people, good weather, good food and my family is close by. So Las Vegas isn’t too shabby for the time being!
- If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? My first order of business would be to pay off my college loans. Then I would take my family and closest friends on a Mediterranean cruise.
- Tell me something about you that most people don’t know. I made it to the top 250 out of 80,000 to be Charlie Sheen’s #TigerBlood social media intern. Unfortunately, the Warlock did not select me, but one of my college classes started a social media campaign to get me noticed!
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do? I’d make higher education more affordable. I feel if you work hard and have the drive to succeed, you should be able to attend college without a lifetime of debt afterwards. For more information behind my reasoning, see question #8.
- If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Tina Fey – mostly because I think she is one of the most intelligent and hilarious personalities of our generation, but also so I can worm my way into her and Amy Poehler’s circle of besties.
- What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life? My main claim to fame was working carnival games at Knott’s Berry Farm (a theme park in Southern California). I also dabbled in multiple internships, including one in my church’s children’s ministries department, Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market and – you guessed it – Knott’s Berry Farm (I promise it wasn’t a carnie internship).