As part of KDC’s recent ‘Getting to Know…’ blog series, I had the pleasure of chatting with Account Coordinator Janea Laudick. I didn’t know much about Janea prior to our chat, and despite the fact “she really, really hates talking about herself” (that’s a direct quote), it was great to learn so many interesting details about this New Mexico native who will celebrate her one-year anniversary with KDC this June. From her affinity for green chiles and peanut butter cup ice cream to bungee jumping adventures in Costa Rica, get to know a little more about Janea below!
- What has been your most memorable Las Vegas experience thus far?
- There are SO many already, but I’d have to say Halloween at KDC is the most memorable so far. It was an insane week of decorating and plotting and such a fun experience. We even won the competition and Wayne Newton came to our office. It’s just one of those things I’ll never forget, and I’m sure every year moving forward will be just as memorable.
- How did you end up in Las Vegas? Did you always want to live here?
- I moved here for the job at KDC. I didn’t always plan to live in Las Vegas, but it’s turned out to be an amazing place to live. I absolutely love it.
- What are some things you do to make Las Vegas feel like home?
- My freezer is stocked with green chile. I’m a New Mexico girl, so it’s a necessity in every meal. I always make sure to steal some from home when I’m there.
- What’s your favorite part of working in PR?
- It may sound cliché, but I really love that no two days are the same. I love juggling multiple projects and different clients on a daily basis. It keeps me on my toes and makes every day exciting.
- Who’s your biggest inspiration?
- I have a lot of mentors and people in my life who I look up to, from bosses to family members to college professors, but my biggest inspiration is definitely my mom. She is the most genuine and compassionate person I know, and everything I have learned from her has had a major impact on my life personally and professionally.
- What’s one thing about you that people never believe when they hear it for the first time?
- I bungee jumped off a bridge in Costa Rica (see picture!). I guess I don’t seem like much of a daredevil. People also find it shocking that my personal phone is still a Blackberry.
- What are a few of your favorite hobbies?
- Reading, crafting and shopping.
- You have to listen to one song/album, watch one movie and eat one food the rest of your life. What are they?
- Song: “Breathe” by Michelle Branch. This is one of those songs that I’ve listened to for years and I’m still not sick of it. It’s my favorite to blast in the car with the windows down.
- Food: EASY. Peanut butter cup ice cream.
- Movie: Dirty Dancing
Interviewed by Matt Guidish.
Matt Guidish | Account Executive