Let us introduce you to Rachel Henry, Account Director (Public Relations) at Kirvin Doak Communications. Rachel is a fourteen year PR & Marketing Executive in Las Vegas. Rachel’s experience includes time spent at Thomas & Mack/Sam Boyd Stadium/UNLVTickets.com, UFC and more than four years of PR agency experience. She is Nevada born and raised – growing up in Elko. She attended the University of Nevada-Reno and earned a B.A. in Public Relations, Marketing & Advertising.
Rachel Henry in her own words:
I like to say I’m a “small town girl, with a big city heart.” I am proud to say I was born and raised in Elko, Nevada and I wouldn’t trade my small town childhood memories for anything in the world, but as an adult I thrive on what the big city has to offer.
I have one brother Matt who is 8 years older than me. He was my idol growing up.
I’m 50% Slovenian. My dad is 100% and he spoke Slovenian to us when we were little. I can’t speak a lick of it now but I still celebrate a few Slavic family traditions.
I like to snowboard, try new things, cook, travel, see Broadway shows, hang out with my husband and son (Jackson), have girls nights, shop (I have a BA in Fashion Design), and be outdoors if the sun is shining.
I have been really lucky that my career in PR and Marketing has allowed me to travel the world, meet so many people from all walks of life, and have the opportunity to experience so many amazing things.
Check out Rachel’s answers to the below questions:
- Where did you and your husband (Brandon) take your honeymoon? We didn’t take a honeymoon immediately because I was gone for almost 2 weeks for our wedding up in Elko and had to get back to work. But when we finally took one we went to Paris and then on to my friend’s wedding in San Sebastian, Spain (where I also happened to have studied abroad during college). After San Sebastian we went back into France to the Bordeaux region and stayed in a pink chateau and went wine tasting!
- What’s your favorite type of cuisine? I consider myself a bit of a “foodie” and love to try just about any food or cocktail. But my favorites are “New American,” Mediterranean and Italian.
- Do you have a favorite movie genre? I love any kind of mob movie or period movie. Jerry Maguire is one of my all time favorites, but I also love any movie that makes me laugh – my fav’s include Wedding Crashers and Superbad. And I love ALL Leo DiCaprio movies, especially Wolf of Wall Street and the Departed.
- What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to whatever strikes my mood at the time, but I tend to listen to EDM a lot – whether I’m working out or going out on the town. I met my husband because he was a DJ spinning House music at a nightclub in Reno during college. J I also listen to a lot of alternative, top 40 and hip hop as well, and country when I drive home to Elko to get me back in the small town swing of things.
- Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? “What you think about, you bring about.” I truly believe if you think positively, good things will happen!
- Do you have any pets? Yes! I’m obsessed with my german shepherd Bella. She’s 65 lbs. but thinks she’s a lap dog. She is literally my “road dog.” She helped me train for my first half marathon. If the dog could keep going…..so could I! And she keeps all of my secrets…..
- Do you prefer white, dark or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate. Preferably in the form of a Cadbury Egg or a Twix bar.
- What do you like on your pizza? I’ve never met a piece of pizza I didn’t like. I like everything on my pizza. I’m almost pickier about the crust. I don’t like deep dish nor do I like it crispy like a cracker. Hand tossed is the way to go.
- Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who? When I was in college I used to be told I looked like Britney Spears, now I hear I look like Kaley Cuoco (when she had long hair).
Submitted by: Terri Maruca