Las Vegas area law enforcement reminds everyone of crosswalk safety
everyone of crosswalk safety
LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — As the summer months start, local law enforcement agencies in Southern Nevada are reminding both drivers and pedestrians of safety protocols in regards to crosswalks.
Law Enforcement Reminds Drivers:
· Drivers may not turn right or left when there is a pedestrian in any of the lanes of travel in the direction they are turning.
· Drivers may not pass a stopped or slowing vehicle at an intersection, marked mid-block crosswalk or on a green signal, until they have determined why the other vehicles are not moving.
· Drivers must yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk on the half of the road they are traveling, until the person walking is on the sidewalk or past the centerline.
· When the pedestrian is a crossing guard, drivers must yield both sides of the road until the guard in on the sidewalk.
· In an active school zone or crossing zone, it is unlawful to pass another vehicle, no matter the speed of the slowest driver.
· In the dark, most headlights do not give drivers enough notice to see people crossing the street, legally or not, in time to stop for them.
Read full original post found here: https://www.ktnv.com/news/las-vegas-area-law-enforcement-remind-everyone-of-crosswalk-safety